Welcome To My Blog.

"You, yourself as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserves your love and affection." - Buddha

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Natural Hair: Update & Staples

Hey guys! Okay it's been a minute since I did a in hair update. So here it is. I'm nearly a year into the game and I'm starting to miss my twa. Knowing that she's growing out of her short state. I have enjoyed my short state and I'm really excited about this new length I'm getting. I mean look! A High puff! (Team high puff where you at?) 

Okay so let's get on.

What are your product staples?
Alright, as you can imagine with the new length comes nee products. Which is partly true. However I still use my SD products (see my review here), I also use Naturally Simple Haircare  these are my go to products with any style. I have also found love with Big Hair and their avocado butter brilliant for twistouts! My hair just laps it up.
And the basic gel, water, shampoos are still the same.

What are you doing different?
Alright so I have been trying to deep condition at least once a month and right now I'm using a coconut oil, organic honey and my normal conditioner. I apply this mix to damp hair, wrap in a cap and an old tshirt and use my hair dryer to apply heat - without this heat the hair strands will not soak in all the moisture that coconut oil gives you nor the shine that honey gives.

I also use Glycerin now, also an SD product, i have noticed a real difference in the softness of my hair, the curl def. I use this with water and a touch of rose water, its beautiful.

I still use my 'cheap' stuff, because my hair just loves it. And it works!

I also take Biotin now, to keep my hair strong, not so much to promote any length, as i want a healthy journey, rather than a rushed one.

I dust my hair once every 4 or so months, i have dusted my hair like twice since my BC! I was still able to keep my length (what little i have lol) the difference is really noticeable!

I am now able to do more fun things with my hair, i can experiment with some styles now and thats thrilling! Im working now too, so i can  create more professional looks for the office and more casual looks for after work drinks. It is really exciting.

So for my length. The back is near my collar bone, the sides past my jaw and the front past my brows. So well 'on track' in  terms of length.


Well thats my updates so far, i know its a short one. But im working on some recipes for you guys!
As always stay blessed xx

No comments:

Post a Comment